05-14-2022, 07:28 AM   #8
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Exactly. Dealers never EVER try to help the customer. They're in this business to make as much money as possible.

Whether they make the bare min due to customer knowledge or whether they rape a customer due to customer being unaware, distracted by the likes of a new car, or just flat out can't play the game, is basically where the whole experience stands.

I can't wait until the future has no more dealers. If we like a car, we go on a website and order it and someone drops it off at our house, given a 20 minute test drive before we sign papers and that's it. No more fucking nonsense from dumbass car salesmen.
Unpopular opinion here... but I prefer the dealer network over direct sales. I consider myself a savvy shopper and as a result am able to put in a little legwork to get a much better than average deal for myself (in normal times). And since I go in knowledgeable, no dealer BS gets to me because I'm able to smell it a mile away.

A direct sales approach removes that ability and im stuck paying what everyone else pays. There's NO room for negotiation and I'm at the mercy of manufacturer pricing. I prefer the competition between multiple dealers and my ability to shop around.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 3
AlexFL7836.00
HDMI36.50