View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #7
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

I still need to test tomorrow on my way to work, but I may have fixed the issue. I only had time to do a quick test and the results were positive.

I was just reviewing the tech manuals for the F22 to see what else I could validate. One item that caught my eye was that F22's like many other models require a secondary bleeding process after a coolant change. The dealership did the last coolant flush at the end of year 5 when the maintenance expired.

Just for the hell of it, I ran the procedure to bleed the lines. The first time it ran, there were 5 or 6 times I could hear a significant amount of air purging into the overflow tank. Once completed, I had to add 3/4 cup of fluid to get it back to the full line. I ran it a second time and there was 1 or 2 small purging bubbles with no significant change to the fluid level in the overflow. I ran the car to test the heat and indications were good on both sides. I then purged the line a third time and no bubbles were noted.

The procedure for the F22 (N55) is;

1. Connect battery charger.
2. Switch the ignition on.
3. Switch on low-beam headlight.
4. Set heater to maximum temperature and turn blower down to lowest speed.
5. Driving experience switch must not be set to ECO PRO!
6. Press accelerator pedal for 10 seconds to floor. Engine must not be started.

The bleeding procedure was started by pressing the accelerator pedal and takes approx. 12 mins. (the electrical coolant pump was activated and switches off automatically after approx. 12 mins.).

7. Then adjust fluid level in the coolant expansion tank to maximum.
8. Check cooling system on watertightness.

If venting has to be carried out again (e.g. if cooling system is leaking), allow DME to fall completely (leave ignition key removed for approx. 3 mins.), then repeat from Point 2.
Appreciate 2
overcoil3073.50
mdf278.50