View Single Post
      05-14-2022, 11:41 AM   #5
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

I just replaced my Hankook RS4's with another set of RS4's.

They've gone up in price, and I seriously thought about a set of Falken RT660 instead, which were ~$100 cheaper for the set. But, the RS4 is still the gold standard for HPDE tires. Mainly because they last a long time. I got 8 solid big track HPDE weekends from them, over 3 years, and a few thousand street miles. Still had plenty of tread for HPDE, but they had gotten hard from winter storage and heat cycling, and just didn't brake well anymore. The RS4 is also known to be very consistent lap to lap, and my experience bore that out. They are bulletproof.

The RT660 gets really good reviews, and is the faster tire. But with a heavy F22 I was thinking I would only get a year from them, making the RS4 the better value. And as an intermediate HPDE driver, consistency and cheap long life is way more important to me than ultimate lap times.

Oh, and I also just replaced the OEM PSS with PS4S, but those are for street only. They just won't last on the track. (And boy was that an expensive day at the tire shop....)
Appreciate 0