Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
.....autobahn? What was your top speed?
153 MPH – Volvo V70R MT – July 2006 – A 7 between Hanover and Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Honestly the best thing is not the speed but the lane discipline and courtesy of other drivers. Drove very fast, felt very safe and didn't worry much about others around me doing anything stupid.
^ This.

In my case, that was 16 years ago. I don't know what it's like today.

Another thing of note when I was on it was the night-and-day difference between the two-lane and three-lane autobahns. With trucks limited to 90 KPH and the right-hand lane, it was frequently the case in the left-hand lane that you had to slow way down for someone going around a truck before moving back into the right-hand lane. I will say that occasionally a driver going around a truck misjudged the closing speed of my car; all of those drivers' cars had Eastern European license plates, so they probably hadn't yet become accustomed to the Germans' routine. On the three-lane autobahns, you were pretty much free to run flat-out for as long as you liked.
Appreciate 1