View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #12
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryW235 View Post
I've got right at $500 in this second version I'm working on. Two diffusers (a used M2, and a new F22 M Perf.) and supplies (adhesive, paint) . However, my time and labor is free and I enjoy the challenge of designing it, and being able to say that I made it. Still, in the long run buying 1 would probably have come out cheaper than making 2.
Right definitely in that case, but suppose someone is already running the M performance diffuser. Getting the M2 diffuser + paying a pro, will probably come out cheaper than ordering one from Germany.

If you convert 800 euros + shipping to US (I am going to say a conservative estimate of about 120 euros, you are looking at probably close to 1200 all said and done.

You can buy a brand new M2 diffuser and M perf diffuser for about $450. Lets say labor for a shop and painting another $500, and it plants you at about $950 US all said and done.

In your case, you made 2, but I would venture a guess you could probably sell your first proto for a couple hundred to recoup some of the funds I am sure someone in here will snatch it up.