View Single Post
      05-13-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
Mogki
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230XI

Garage List
I never see much activity in the active tourer section here but I can answer a few things with relative confidence

The engine should be fine in terms of economics it's the same as the B46/48 engine minus a cylinder so using eco mode and smart driving you can get a decent MPG raiting but it all depends where you drive of course but I find it fine.

It should be chain driven again being a B38 engine and most of the chain driven issues seem to have been worked out from early problems in the early 2010s

I'm not so sure what the trans is on the active tourer and can't find a clear answer but seeing 8 speed auto I would assume an ZF8 if it's the same as the regular F22 chassis and don't let anyone tell you otherwise the ZF8 is FANTASTIC for a daily car it can be incredibly smooth and comfortable with it's shifts and in sport mode it's the opposite being very aggressive not as fun as a manual of course but it's perfect for a daily car.

The only other thing I would say again just general stuff from having an F22; Avoid the car if it has halogen reflector lights and you plan driving anywhere not well lit, they are very poor but can be replaced with LEDs but still it's a major issue I had with the F22 lights.

Hopefully someone actually with an active tourer can give you some more concrete info but I hope this little helps.
Appreciate 0