View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 03:21 PM   #10
tcollier91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Welcome to the family and there is always negotiating power on the table. With the 2 series starting to reach the end of it's life cycle before the refresh in a year or 2, you might be able to negotiate at a minimum 1-2k off MSRP.

Negotiate the price before you mention the added BMW purchase program because any incentive offer such as this is reimbursed to the dealer. If you only mention this, they will try to tell you they are losing money on the vehicle already and can't give any additional money off. This is a straight up lie on the dealer's end. Invoice is usually 3-5k below MSRP to allow negotiations and market interests.

Do a build on BMWUSA.com with the options you want and print the build. Take this with you to the dealer so they know what you're looking to order. Know what this MSRP is so you can negotiate. This won't include the dealer fees/TTT, keep that in mind as well. Whatever you agree upon, or they say is their "best offer they can provide," get it in writing, a paper copy of the build offer with all TTT and fees. It is highly recommended, if you have the option within your area, to do the exact same thing at a different BMW dealer as well. This will provide you with 2 dealers, giving their "best offer" that you can take back to the other for them to try and beat. Adds a little more time to the car buying process, but it could save you an additional 1-2k on the car.

Recommended to visit the Pricing thread on the forum here to see what other offers people are receiving. Might be able to find someone in a close proximity that recently purchased a 2er similar to yours.
My employer purchase deal is actually 1.5-3k below invoice, not msrp, so I don't think I'll actually be able to negotiate any more. After customizing my car here I reach an invoice price of 44,775, plus a couple port options I'm looking at the 47k range, minus my discount of up to 3k.
Appreciate 0