View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #43
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
They told me that the M235i is the first BMW that you can NOT turn (fully) off the DSC! Even when it's off... it can come back on, when things get a little bit out of control. They reprogramed the DTC to not engage the e-diff so much. When you are in Sport+ it is totally off. The DSC also has been re calibrated to Tuningwerk's specs. They also use a recalibrated Drexler LSD with different geometry and reworked locking clutches. They don't like how hard the OE drexler diff locks up, so they massage it to work a little bit more smoothly in it's lock up action.

Even with all the power this M235i car had... the DTC light barely came on/flashed. They had made one hell of a great chassis here. Just as with a traditional ///M car... the car is more than a sum of its parts. This car worked as one unit. Every part(component) complemented each other and worked in harmony. You can't ask for anything more. And the level of craftsmanship of this car was on par with the BMW factory. It wasn't your typical "tuner" car.
Wow, that is awesome. Thanks for the info!

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0