View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #10
GSingh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
A lot of factors go into mileage such as incline/decline of the road, start/stop, accel/decel patterns etc so it's hard to determine where you're seeing the ball drop.

My current fillup, I tried being conscious of my driving, both Freeway and backroad joyrides, and averaged 28mpg. Granted, the n55 is different from a b58, the mileage shouldn't be significantly different.

On the freeway, the lightest of changes in the throttle pedal can reflect how the engine burns fuel. Backing off slightly for periods of freeway driving helps a lot overall. Make sure the "coasting" is enabled for eco-pro. When going 60-80, I let off the gas pretty frequently and just let the car coast if I'm not in any major hurry and it drops the RPMs below idle, decouples the Engine from the Transmission, which eliminates engine braking, therefore, reduces the need to accelerate to maintain speed. For me, this is only feasible during long freeway cruising where I don't need to accelerate all that often as the throttle response in eco-pro is abysmal.

Try these few things out and see if it helps. It won't be a night and day different obviously but 15-20 miles more per tank is still a welcome change.
Appreciate 0