View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 02:46 AM   #242
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
What is the verdict on the Pagid yellow RSL29 from those who have experience with them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
You won't have any trouble stopping on the street. ... The squealing...well, that comes with the territory. I minimize it as best I can by driving in a way that almost eliminates it.
I've gone through 7-8 sets of them -- they're a fine pad. Not extremely bitey initially, but more than enough to lock up relatively sticky tires. They release very gradually too.
They're ok for street driving cold. And yeah, they squeal. But, it's a track pad, anything in that category is noisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
The only reason the yellows won't last you a long time is if you're especially hard on your brakes. You can burn anything up if you abuse it sufficiently.
That's me these days. I'm trail braking fairly deep to get the car turned in, and with summer temps coming up, that dragging seems to cause a little more heat than the 340mm rotors can lose. The RS29 tend to crumble around the outer edges if you start overheating them, and then wear pretty fast at these temps. A couple of weeks ago I had one actually crack through the middle, which made for a rather weird pedal feel:

As dradernh mentioned, this is mostly about driving style, and you can definitely be quite fast without overheating them. I've been trying some Hawk DTC-60s while I set up better brake cooling, and the first impression is they don't seem to crumble as much. Also, quite a bit more initial bite. But it's hard to tell from just a single set.

Oh, and I also had someone with a GT4 notice my box of spares at the track, and mention his car came with pagid yellows stock. As HP Autosport mentioned, maybe confused about another pagid pad.
Appreciate 1
CP911986.50