05-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #234
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quick update to my brake pad situation:

I dropped my car off yesterday at Fall Line Motorsports in Buffalo Grove, IL for the M Performance LSD installation (woohoo!) and a brake fluid flush with Motul RBF660 that I supplied them. Before I left, I remembered to ask about brake pads too, and after some discussion and customer references they gave me, I ended up emptying my wallet for some Pagid RSL29 endurance pads. $630 after taxes! That is not including the labor @ $175 an hour. I could have saved a $100 or so going with some Hawk pads, but figured what the hell... I won't have the time to take on the work myself and I have a 2-day HPDE coming up in less than 2 weeks. Still need to find the time to change engine oil by myself and hopefully install some wheel studs that I bought a while back as well.

What is the verdict on the Pagid yellow RSL29 from those who have experience with them?

The boys at Fall Line Motorsports swore by them and after walking for a mile in their MEGA warehouse filled with race cars and like 6 semi truck trailers, I figured those guys are about as serious as it gets when it comes to track prep. Kind of took their word for it. I was told they are a medium friction pad that won't trigger ABS easily and will work great with my PSS tires, but will still handle track abuse with ease and give me all the benefits of a serious endurance track pad while being easy on the rotors. I was warned about squeal and dust, but oh well. I bought the car to enjoy on track and really don't drive it much on the street anyhow.

I didn't ask them how long I can expect them to last in terms of # of track events, however. What is considered "average" for replacement intervals on these endurance pads like RSL29, PF08, PF11, etc.? Just hoping I didn't spend $630+ on brake pads that will only last me 1 or 2 events. If I can get at least 3-4 events worth of worry-free, consistent braking, then perhaps it will end up being worth the investment.

I'll be sure to come back and share my thoughts and experiences after the weekend of May 18/19th!
Pagid yellow are probably the best track pad you can get..... now good luck stopping on the street
Appreciate 0