View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 12:00 AM   #9
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Greetings- I was just about to make a post and ask if this was possible. My 2016 M235i has NBT EVO but not ID6. How do I go about upgrading the software from ID4 to ID6 like you mentioned?

It seems like to me the hardware my car has installed can easily run the solution, it just needs needs the proper software installed.

Side not I actually really like the graphical user interface of my car and dont really like the window panes or square blocks the ID6 seems based off of. How do you like the GUI so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reisf View Post
Agreed do not go for an aftermarket solution. I reflashed my id4 to id6 because I had an NBT Evo head unit in my 2016 M2. In Australia it’s tremendously expensive to acquire an id6 headunit and spending 2k usd just for CarPlay is ridiculous. There are issues from the difference in RAM capacity but these only arise if you use BMW navigation (which I never use).

Stay OEM, it is extremely worth it.

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0