Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
2105 BMW M235I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
^^ FYI I DD mine for 6 months/year with two piece floating configuration. It's super easy to swap rings, you just need confidence in yourself lol. The first time I did it, I took my sweet time on a bench with hand tools.

You can run a two piece "fixed" setup, which reduces all/any noise associated to a floating design. Mine don't make noise at all, like others report..

Yea, I mean, if the iR doesn't "need" them for endurance racing, I think you're good. The OE rotors are much better than they're given credit for. It's technically a two-piece steel/aluminum riveted design.

What I might suggest is a pad out back that bites hard, like XP10's, can help balance things out if you're "nose diving" a bit too much up front.

I had been driving a track prepped TTRS with a team of colleagues with stock brakes PFC-08 pads up front (endurance) and the XP10's in the rear, and after 4 combinations, that's what felt best on course for lengthy track sessions. It was nose diving really bad without the harder biting pads out back, it made a substantial difference. BTW, those rear TTRS calipers are single piston Golf R calipers, casted and all, the two piston Brembo's should do better for sure..

lmaoo i DD'd mine full race seats and all for like 6 months (recently got a jetta for the daily lmao) haha yea i know man, ive done just about everything on my car by myself lmaoo, and yea i feel that for sure, the best feeling combo for me has always been the ferodo DS2500 all around honestly (used to have StopTech SR34's up front and SR33's in the rear)
(Sold) M235I Dinan intake, Active Autowerke FMIC, meisterschaft, TCKline coilovers, NT01's, BMS Oil cooler valve, VRSF DP&CP, BM3,StopTech Trophy BBK, Corbeau FX1 Pro seats, AP bar, Bimmerworld V3 Wing, APR Front splitter, Seibon Vented CF Hood
399.8whp on 91oct
Hmu on Ig: @n55_shayan
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00