View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #8
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

^^ FYI I DD mine for 6 months/year with two piece floating configuration. It's super easy to swap rings, you just need confidence in yourself lol. The first time I did it, I took my sweet time on a bench with hand tools.

You can run a two piece "fixed" setup, which reduces all/any noise associated to a floating design. Mine don't make noise at all, like others report..

Quote:
Originally Posted by f22_shayan View Post
haha yea man i was trying to avoid those made to order companies. And yea i already have the StopTech Trophy BBK up front and adjusted the bias at the time of install and your right the rears dont do a whole lot lmao. Maybe im getting to that point where im buying shit just to do it lmao.
Yea, I mean, if the iR doesn't "need" them for endurance racing, I think you're good. The OE rotors are much better than they're given credit for. It's technically a two-piece steel/aluminum riveted design.

What I might suggest is a pad out back that bites hard, like XP10's, can help balance things out if you're "nose diving" a bit too much up front.

I had been driving a track prepped TTRS with a team of colleagues with stock brakes PFC-08 pads up front (endurance) and the XP10's in the rear, and after 4 combinations, that's what felt best on course for lengthy track sessions. It was nose diving really bad without the harder biting pads out back, it made a substantial difference. BTW, those rear TTRS calipers are single piston Golf R calipers, casted and all, the two piston Brembo's should do better for sure..