04-17-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknayman View Post
Hey folks,

Driving a 2018 M240i Xdrive over here, and I am looking to get a bit more power out of it. I have read a bit about different tunes available, but I was curious to get some opinions on the best invisible tune.

What are my options for easy install/unlikely to break the car/easy removal at end of lease/if stuff breaks. I know several companies offer warranties, but not sure how these apply to leased vehicles?

Also wondering if you think it's worth running by the dealership first, or if these things are pretty problem free.

Thoughts?
One thing is for certain, you'll want to stay away from a flash tune. It rewrites the DME and absolutely voids your warranty and lease agreement.

Dinan and JB4 piggybacks are likely your best bet. I've read many people say that Dinan warranties are no longer a thing...but others have said otherwise. You'll probably need to call Dinan and your Dealership to confirm if A) warranties via Dinan are still available and B) you can run one on a leased vehicle. My guess is no.

With all that being said, many many people (including BMW SAs I know) run JB4 on leased cars without issue. It is very unlikely you'll have a catastrophic issue that will cause BMW to dig into the ECU and discover evidence of a piggyback tune. Just know that it is possible though and it's a risk you assume.

Sold: 2015 M235i RWD, MHD Stage 2, FBO, MPE, XHP, HPD5Evo | IG @sea_m235i
Appreciate 1
PeterWT252.50