Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Runflats might be stiff and not too performance-orientation but it saved my ass before. When you hit a crater, then the tire light illuminates, its a great feeling be able to drive away from the scene, like a boss. It's a 'life-hack' for your vehicle.

Do note that the 235i TPMS software is smart enough to know it's deflated to 'run-flat' mode and displays the active temperature of the tire on display in the iDrive, color coated to greed, orange, or red based on the severity of running temperature.

The trade off over ride-comfort is worth it to some folks.
RFT's aren't worth it to me. When you blow out two in a 6 month period and are out almost $700, it's time to swap to non-RFT. I bought a whole new set of Mich AS3+ for a little over what it cost for two RFT's. That's what roadside assistance is for.
I agree, runflats are expensive and there is a loss in performance. However, I was just pointing out that some folks prefer the benefits of the them. Women for instance.

I live in NYC and sometimes roadside assistance takes hours to arrive. I could only imagine how much longer they take in less populous states to show up.

Then changing a spare on the side of the road is a no-no for me; I read stories of people who get run over by less aware drivers. I rather ruin a rim and tire than risk myself getting injured on the side of the road. I know once upon a time this was the norm but nowadays the roads are infested with inattentive and inconsiderate drivers. They'll run your ass over and flee the scene.

Don't get me wrong, I would always choose non-runflats if I'm given the choice for the performance aspect but I won't downplay the benefits of the technology for a daily driver.
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00