Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
Thanks.
35 offset is what that LK Performance website shows being what fits and they seem to be a good site.....The place on eBay didn't say anything about ET35 fitment on a 2-series being a problem. I'm not clued up on this stuff. This is my first car so I've never dealt with wheel fitment.

edit - okay so rimstyle's site is configuring ET40 front and ET45 rear for this car. Not sure who to believe but I guess the higher offset will have better chance of fitting, right?

I've only considered 18's, but offsets below 40 seem to start to have problems rubbing fenders, IIRC. You could check out the APEX and VMR threads for ideas on what others are running, and Tire Rack is usually reliable for their recc's (probably prohibitive shipping to buy from them, but you can still use their data). Definitely something to get sorted out beforehand - even if vendors have a return policy it is often hard to get them to honor it.

And don't put too much stock in those reports of damage - ANY wheel can be destroyed by the right (wrong?) pothole. The super-cheapo gravity-cast cosmetic wheels are often noticeably weaker, but between OZ and BBS it will be a smaller discrepancy. I've run Sparco's (OZ sub-brand) as winter tires for 4 seasons w/o losing a wheel.
Appreciate 0