05-22-2017, 09:56 AM   #35
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz17 View Post
Ok so I've been looking at different tunes and I came across two different dinan tunes one for $299.00 with a boots of 30 hp and then I came across there stage one tune for $1544.00 and it only gives a boots of 36hp is it really worth the EXTRA cost lastly. what does dinan mean with the n20 engine has 24 more hp at 6000 rpm then the n26 engine I don't understand ???
The quickest comparison in general terms between the SPORT and ELITE units can be found at https://www.dinancars.com/the-evolution-of-power/. Warranty is the biggest difference but the ELITE system is a much more finished and robust system that equates to slightly more power and better drivability since it is taking into account much more then a single boost sensor manipulating 1 variable.

The N26 and N20 are VERY similar motors but the biggest different comes in the EVAP system and the catalytic converters themselves to satiate the SULEV requirements. On the N26 the catalytic converters have more cells and thus are more restrictive. This restriction limits top end power is all and therefore the N26 does not make as much up top as its more freer flowing N20 brethren.
Appreciate 1
Pillz1737.50