View Single Post
      10-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #3
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

CD throws down a few gauntlets for the redesign:

"An un-optioned M240i’s interior is a dark, gloomy place that can’t approach the modern feel and specialness of any Audi equipped with that company’s Virtual Cockpit system."
A-frakking-MEN.

"We do, however, have to protest the unnecessary extra heft these modes dial into the M240i’s electrically assisted power steering ... Steering is accurate and confidence-inspiring if not as communicative as we’d prefer (making the effort higher does not improve feel)."
Halle-frakking-LUJAH.

Also: if you read between the lines, the review basically says "DCT: Why?" (The newly beefed-up ZF8 auto is that good).

No mention of the stereo -- which, it's worth mentioning, seems to be somewhat 'fixed' for 2017 based on feedback on the M2 forums. Maybe BMW finally corrected the wiring issue that created the out-of-phase condition in the rear speakers?

I think the next-gen M2 will be an absolute beast slayer in its segment. It will have to be ... and I personally think it has a very good chance (But not as good of a chance as the M4) of being a hybrid.
Appreciate 3