View Single Post
      04-08-2023, 04:57 PM   #28
Rich.Wolfson
Thaumaturge
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich.Wolfson View Post
Perfect. Thanks I will post a sample when mine arrives and I get it installed. This looks like a great solution. Practically invisible and works.

///Rich
Found the time to install this today and it was not only an easy and quick install, the quality is better than I would have expected. I would have attached a sample, trust me it is GREAT, but didn't want to load it to YouTube so ....

A few thoughts. The camera is attached inside the shell which is two parts like the OEM one. Before you to do the install, watch the video that the QR that comes with the unit goes to AND, take some care separating the halves before you start. It comes with a trim tool and everything is straightforward.

The APP installed easily and worked flawlessly but be sure the resolution is what you want as the default is not full 4K. The instructions also say to reformat the MicroSD card but I did not do that and it all worked. I also set it to do 3 minute clips, 1.5 is the default, and when the card fills, the old ones are written over.

For me, it was less than a half hour start to finish. I bought mine directly from FitCamX.com and found a coupon code that made it a really good deal. Amazon has them too a bit more expensive but you can send it back easily if for whatever reason if you don't like it.

All in all I am happy as it looks OEM and works better than I would have thought. And I think a good value as well.

///Rich
Appreciate 1
Artdnj397.00