View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 11:47 PM   #6
Conr4d
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandri View Post
I flashed XHP stage 3 with +20% downshift blip speed, and it was pretty night and day to me. Some people may not think it's super night and day, but I feel like this trans is close to it's limit with this stuff in this application anyway so the improvements in shift speed, brap-ability and shift smoothness were so worth the $350 to me. I would never go back to stock, it fixed a lot of issues I had with the trans, and I've since flashed mhd stage 2 with the xhp option selected (plus bolt ons etc) and I feel like I've really polished off/put the finishing touches on what already was a great car from the factory.

The thing I don't get is the BM3 trans tune. I messaged them last year and they said the same thing, it's JUST for removing torque limits in 3rd and 6th on non m235i cars that have the limiters. Yet a lot of people are claiming it changed the behavior otherwise. I'm inclined to believe it's a placebo effect for them, really inclined because I've seen so many people with induced placebo with cars for minor repairs that had nothing to do with what they think they're feeling, but a small part of me wonders if BM3 didn't want to step on xhp's toes by publicly stating the tune did more than remove the limiters. A very small part, I feel like they would have to state if they were altering other parameters. Either way even if I had BM3 I would still do xhp, because of the R&D they put in, added customizability and definite improvements, and what's another $350 anyway after paying for all the other mods
Couldn’t agree more! Just recently flashed xHP stage 3 transmission flash and have a huge grin on my face every time I drive the car in Sport/Sport+ now! Night and day difference on shift speed. The car shifts like a DCT now and has a much more tactile and engaging driving experience. Well worth the investment. The throttle blips and rev-matching on down shifts are so satisfying