View Single Post
      05-10-2021, 08:10 AM   #66
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
A simple exercise with modern cars is to just pick a session and a big braking zone and stomp on the pedal until you get deep into the ABS zone. Next lap, stomp a little less. Lather and repeat until you get just under the ABS engagement point.
I did this on the main (isn't) straight at Palmer on Saturday. Car felt like it was skipping as my all-seasons couldn't keep up, well into the ABS zone at times -- these brakes feel awesome now.

I've been following Misha's channel from the Nurburgring, and earlier this season their rental M2 had a similar Brake squeal using Endless pads. The solution was to sand the rotors and spray water onto the surface of the pad material and then rub the pads together and then wipe the faces of residue. It solved it 100% for them. So I gave that a shot, skipping the rotor sanding part since I'm swapping pads frequently now. This worked though! both cold and hot, the brakes were well mannered.

The all seasons are in rough shape after just a few sessions but it was a good learning experience to feel the difference in behavior vs the RS4's. The hotter these things got, the more drift-happy and understeery the car became.

I drove the car 4 hours to Maine after the event in comfort mode/cruise control on and was reminded how incredible this thing rides on long trips. It makes more sense for me to just swap in the M4 LCA’s for now to help with tire wear so I can continue to enjoy the cars multiple personalities a little longer before swapping to coilovers.

Edit: LCA upgrade is a no go with my wheel/tire setups. Rubbing issues galore from what I’ve now read up on with my offsets and tire widths. — Millway Camber plates maybe?

Last edited by PeanuKeeyes; 05-10-2021 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
msendit419.50