View Single Post
      05-07-2021, 09:07 PM   #65
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Actually, it is very likely I didn’t get into the brakes hard enough due to an issue early on in the day. Brake bleeder valves were spitting fluid at all 4 corners.. not an easy thing to admit, but after tightening, I still felt a lack of confidence in them despite being tight and having good pedal feel. I pushed much harder first few sessions compared to the ~ 2:30 lap video I ended up with, but then the valve issue occurred end of second session and I took it easier for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I’m off to Palmer. I’m using my Michelin AS3+ street tires and still debating on putting the track pads on or leaving my akebono street pads. I’ll probably just swap the pads to start getting used to doing that at the paddock. It’s easy enough. And I’ll double check those valves while I’m at it.

On another note, I got a track alignment today and the maximum front camber the shop was able to achieve was -0.4 which in insane. Thing grips well with RS4’s but it will likely be a push monster on the street tires tomorrow. They zeroed out the toe in front. Hoping this will be enough to save some tire life, but not likely too many days left with the RS4’s, so I’m saving them for the next big weekend.

I’m doing NJMP later this month (full weekend) so that will definitely be a true test of the pads/tire combo and may be the end of this set of tires. My plan is to simply order the RS4’s again and go with the KW clubsport install at the same time and hopefully get more life out of the second set.