View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 11:39 AM   #16
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

The 2-Series Top HiFi OEM amp is 674 -woofer outputs are in the 17Vp range. The 25-30V are from the Top HiFi(688) OEM amp woofer outputs in the 3-Series and above.

There is no bass in the front or rear speakers so no LPF will create bass for a sub where there is none.

If you do not want to use a LOC then you need to tap the OEM amp inputs which are low level and full range, however the requirement is that your aftermarket amp must accept balanced inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpintosh View Post
The thread has almost all the information I need to install a mono amp with a sub to my HK system.

Yet I have one question about this statement below

"The HK (or Bang & Olufsen) systems subwoofer outputs have pretty high voltages, upwards of 25-30v"

The amp I'm planning to use has maximum of 10V support for high level inputs. So I definetely need the recommended LOC. However, another option is to use one of other speakers output (say rear left) which I assume is lower than 10V. Is my assumption correct? Subwoofer outs may have low passed signal. Rear does not. So I'll count on my amplifiers LPF here. I'm not changing the balance/fader anyway. This way I can eliminate the need for a LOC, hopefully.

BTW I don't have ASD on my 2.18i. So I assume, car doesn't have the ASD module. Not sure if it will ease some things for me though.

Thanks a lot for the precious information. There is no other word about this topic on the whole internet. Very much appriciated.
Appreciate 0