View Single Post
      03-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #14
p2md
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Using both Technic add a amp and asd delete simultaneously

Compliments to VifferMike and Eias from Technic. I'm using both harnesses simultaneously. They work great without issues i.e. hum, hiss, etc. Setup with JL XD 600/6v2, the Focal IFBMW-S in the front doors (car equipped with Hi-Fi sys). Tried to install the Focal IFBMW-C on the rear deck but they don't fit, not even close. Awaiting a pair of JL C5 400cm's that should fit. I should have listened to VifferMike and gone with the JL cx 400 but i figured if i'm spending 5 bills on a great amp i might as well try and do better than a 140 dollar pair of speakers. These should sound marginally better. If i like them and can get them to fit i may add the matching tweeter JL (C5-075ct) and crossovers. I'll Eventually replace the Hi-Fi sys subs under the seats with the focal IFBMW-Subv2. When i installed the JL amp and the Technic harnesses and the dynamat in the trunk i installed the JL FIX 86 before the amp. After calibration of the FiX i lost the front tweeters. I checked all connections and recalibrated the JL FiX and still lost both front tweeters. I disconnected it and returned it. The only DSP unit i would consider is the Alpine PXA-H800 with it's included microphone. It's one of the only units that performs auto-calibration similar to what we've become accustomed to with home theater pre-pros and receivers. But it goes for $700 and that's too much.
Appreciate 0