Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftCarHero View Post

For VLD and Anti-Dazzle you need to go into Expert Mode on the Front Electronic Module.

Module 3073
Options
C_AFS_ENA
LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y
C_HBA_ENA
C_HBA_GRHB_ENA
C_HBA_ADAPT_SHUT_ENA

I am not sure about different hardware. I didn't think there was when I first looked into this.

With the Xenon headlights for the F22, there is no hardware difference, like some claim; the technology is very rudimentary in its operation, as it's just a low/high-beam shutter and the projector ball on a swivel motor, in both the US-spec and Euro headlights. So if your vehicle already has the High-Beam Assistance option, there is no reason if you code in the European operation of VLD & GFHB, which would operate properly on the US-spec vehicles, since they share the same setup.

Xenon folks just lucked out in the US but you also need High Beam Assistance option (5AC) for it to work properly.

With the LCI LEDs, however, it operates different than Xenons hi/low shutter and instead utilizes an array of LEDs and reflection to create the light outputs.

So I'm not 100% sure if VLD or GFHB in the US-spec vehicles have proper arrangement of lights to properly form a glare free high beam.

BMW is know to skimp to LEDs highlight array when it's not needed, as with some US-spec vehicles, in an attempt to reduce cost and heat. So I can't confirm if they differ until some cracks open a F22 LED headlight, from both region and compare and contrast.

Also, the coding is different for the LCI LED headlights than for the Xenons, which is listed above.
Sorry I am a little unclear; so the coding quoted in your post does not apply to LCI LEDs, but only to pre-LCI xenons? Is that it?
That's correct; the coding listed only works for Adaptive Xenons with the Auto-High beam option.

The LCI LED coding is way more intricate.
Can you guide me to it? I have a 2018 M240i with Adaotives so I assume it has the post-LCI LEDs?
I don't have the tested F22 LED coding but it should be the same as the M4.

Keep in mind, no one has yet confirm that the LED array in the US-spec headlights are the same as the Euro-spec. So there is a possible it would not work as it suppose to if it doesn't have the correct hardware.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24640779

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1151903

It's not something you can code with BimmerCode.
Appreciate 0