View Single Post
      06-16-2019, 09:28 PM   #1
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
First off I need to give a HUGE shout out to Steve @ Codemybimmer (https://www.codemybimmer.ca/?v=7516fd43adaa)

I purchased my 2018 230i back in July 2017 with an August 2017 build date. CarPlay was still new at the time and my local BMW genius and SA helped me order my car with the required components to have CarPlay. Unfortunately they missed the note about the NBT EVO headunit that only comes with the NAV package add on being required as well. I have WiFi/Wireless charging and Enhanced BT and opted to not order NAV, because what's the point if I have CarPlay and can use my phones nav... Needless to say we were all shocked and I was SOL when they called BMW NA for help activating my CarPlay when my car finally arrived.

It's been over a year of headache searching for a way around my situation being told it's not possible. My only options have been retrofitting a HU for big $$$ or an MMI unit that's not quite the same.

Thanks to Steve I now have working full screen wireless Apple CarPlay coded in and working perfectly as pictured. I do have the larger 8.8" screen that I retrofitted months ago. You can still see the non nav controller on the lower console. All at a fraction of the cost to buying NAV and adding CarPlay.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3