View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #106
Dreculah
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Would hardly say it is forgotten considering we own 2 B58 vehicles (the only engine we have multiple of) and they are being worked on at 2 separate R&D locations but I get the frustration. Its frustrating on my end as well when I get the same questions over and over again that I can't answer.

I would first get rid of referring to it as Stage 2. The historical way of doing Dinan tunes will be no longer going forward as it is being changed to a more universally accepted format. At most Dinan will have 3 stages. Stage 1 being for stock and lightly modified vehicles with bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, etc). Stage 2 would be typically be the big turbo stage. In some cases there may be an in between stage that takes advantage of a something else, such as a 2 stage intake or a fundamental change to charge cooling or something of that ilk which provides a big jump in power. Generally speaking though 2 stages is the max you will see going forward from Dinan. We would offer both warrantied and non-warrantied variants of each. The same goes for the piggyback side of things as we will still be offering both solutions.

So the flash that is coming would be considered a stage 1 and would not require any additional modifications. As I noted earlier I don't know what the upgrade path nor the price points would be since it hasn't been discussed for the platform but it should be similar to what exists currently for the S55. That is going to a warrantied version of flash from DINANTRONICS would have a minor upgrade fee whereas transferring over to a limited warranty variant would be a free switch.
Will the warranty also cover the transmission? The ZF8 is probably the weak link in the drivetrain, given it's torque rating.
Appreciate 0