12-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #95
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I did this job today and wanted to add my notes. I've added a few pix that I hope will help you guys out.

The little connector that seems to give everyone trouble didn't bother me much at all, I just pulled the 2 pieces apart. It took some force, but if you know where to pull it's pretty easy. I tried to stick a small screwdriver in the hole just to see what everyone else was doing, but it didn't work for me. the connector is sort of wedged into the visor mount, so you have to wiggle it out a bit, then grab the two ends and pull, no problem at all.

I used a paper towel cut to just larger than the sticker to keep the alcohol in place, then saran wrap over the top of it.

My experience is that if you wait just about 3 minutes and pull the sticker off it's a bit harder to get off, but it takes more of the adhesive with it. If you wait 7+ minutes it comes off easier, but leaves more residue on the visor. If you wait 10+ minutes the sticker wants to fall apart on you, making a huge mess.

Moral of the story, just leave the alcohol on a few minutes and try to pull it off. It'll look like it's going to break, but it'll hold, just be very gentle with it.

Also, once the decal is off the remaining residue was unaffected by anything I tried. More alcohol, goo gone, nail polish remover, even enamel reducer didn't take it off, so it remains. Still looks better than the sticker though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
shadowfax1289.00