View Single Post
      02-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #62
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzanOfTheApes View Post
Let me know what you guys think. I really want to pull the trigger on an M240i, by if I can’t set it up to be competitive at local autocross events, that’s a deal breaker for me.
Hard pass if you're looking for an autocross car. This car isn't competitive at all in FS. Lack of LSD and stupid tiny tires kill this car, not to mention you'll have overheating issues pretty quickly at an autocross, especially in TX heat. The tiny IC and shrouding everywhere leads quickly to heatsoak and autocross just doesn't have enough straights and/or downtime for proper cooling.

Even if you were to mod the car to STU spec, which isn't cheap by any means compared to other cars in that class, it'll get its ass handed to it by the Zs and C5s. Plus, it can't fit anywhere close to 285s and wheel sizes are extremely limited.

I'm an avid autocross/track guy as well and found out the hard way (after purchase), lol. Fortunately, I still have my ax/track car, although it's retired from campaigning and competing, so I can still have my fun and keep the Bimmer relatively mild for daily duties.
Appreciate 0