View Single Post
      04-02-2016, 04:05 AM   #13
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I agree with terminator335i review.

Flash is more expensive, but more gain and much more consistent. The power/torque curve is much more "stock like", while with the JB4 as you can see with his write up about the different maps... THAT is what I find to be the biggest misconception with JB4's "plug and play" system... Not really a system where you plug and forget.

If you know a lot about JB4, BMWs and N55 engines, I'm sure you can get the best out of JB4s... but if not? It's bloody hard... Even worst if you install it yourself... You can install it completely correctly, but without a dyno, and just relying on your butt dyno, it's hard to see which map is best for you, it's the same with adding bolt on parts.

(a bit off topic) i ordered manhart, installed by a professional, drove it out and the placebo effect is wow it's amazing, but after you put it on the dyno, didn't do anything!

That for me is the biggest negative for JB4s... There are so many different maps, you don't know which one is best for you... Just because on the forum someone in US or UK with the same set up works for a customer doesn't mean it will work for you here in Australia, due to climate, fuel etc.

Finally the biggest difference is FLASH is changing the maps completely to suit the car, while PIGGYBACK system is tricking the car to read something different at a certain point.
Appreciate 0