View Single Post
      05-02-2022, 06:28 PM   #4
Ph4zed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaDTD View Post
Dude! I’m so glad to have that kind of closure! I guess that’s the move then, I’ve also been thinking about upgrading to the B58 in the coming years. I’ve seen that one dude on YouTube who made a 1000hp Supra with a B58 already so I’m sure aftermarket support is gonna be quite extensive. I’m very happy with what I have now so I’m definitely willing to wait. Thanks for the response I wish you the best of luck with your future B58 endeavors.

Edit: I’m looking into this transmission tune by XHP, do you feel pretty good after purchasing it? Was install easy? Any buyers remorse?
Yeah man, the B58 is an absolutely incredible engine and has amazing tuning potential. But yeah, the B46 does a good job of being the little brother, it's just the 4 cylinder tuning options don't seem to be too prevalent.

That being said, yep, install is easy for xhp, just like BM3 I think? My friend/mechanic set it up for me, but imagine it's straightforward. No issues and no remorse. It's supposed to really take advantage of the ZF 8 speed and optimize it.

Best of luck! Let me know how everything goes and if you find any cool mods to do.
Appreciate 0