View Single Post
      04-28-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
AlaskaDTD
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

More Power Options for the B46?

Hello all,
This is my first post/interaction on this forum so bare with me here. I've been a lurker for a while, however.

I just got my first BMW last year. I saw a 2018 230i calling my name and I'm addicted to going fast now. I bought and installed a catless downpipe and shortly after flashed to a 91 Octane Stage 2 OTS tune from Bootmod3. I couldn't be happier with the results. I've spent hours googling ways to make more power on the B46 and here is what I've gathered:

Cold Air Intake: Minimum performance increase if any, but sounds cool

Upgraded Heat Exchanger: Nice to have for increased boost and maintain healthy temps, but no power gains

Charge Pipe/ Boost Pipe Upgrade: Mostly for longevity and durability but no power increase

I've seen upgraded turbo kits but at the cost of product and installation I might as well just get an M240i. I'm also aware that weight reduction is a good way to make more power but this is a daily driver and I don't really want to pull out the back seats and what-not. Is there anything else I can do to increase power? I would be satisfied stopping where I am at with the current build, so please don't bend over backwards trying to recommend something. If I got any of my information wrong above please feel free to correct me. Full disclosure: I'm not a mechanic and I just started wrenching on my own car last year but I am eager to learn and enjoy the process.
Appreciate 0