View Single Post
      10-08-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
sethwas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwrwilke View Post
I got a really good deal on the AS3+, so couldn't pass up. They both perform well dry and wet.
Those are a solid choice. I almost went with the Premier A/S since it was a bit less hardcore than the AS3 but...
I went with the General Gmax "RS" since they were an order of magnitude cheaper than the Michelin I was cross shopping (PS2) which does have extra grip but for a commuter that benefit goes unused (according to the track tests anyway) and the ride is objectively less pleasant which is a big deal for a daily.
I can of course confirm that traction with the Generals are unreal, especially in the wet.

Now, with hindsight being 20/20 could I have gotten the Michelin for the same price (they go for roughly double typically) I would have absolutely gone that route : )

I know you got an A/S tire compared to what I chose, but for my next tire I'm probably going to get an A/S as well, not because of any climate related reason, but because the A/S treads are not as 'hummy' as summer treads and I miss the silence.

Seth
Appreciate 0