04-27-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
frenchfry675
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3cmm View Post
Finally got my FBO parts and BM3 tune installed yesterday. The build included...
  • Fabspeed Catted Downpipe
  • Dinan CAI
  • Evolution Racewerks FMIC
  • Evolution Racewerks Charge Pipe
  • Evolution Racewerks Turbo to Intercooler Charge Pipe
  • BM3 Stage 2 91 Oct

First of all, I was SUPER happy with the gains (+97 HP and 124 ft/lbs). But was concerned with the squiggly lines and drop off starting at 5.5K. Sure enough, at the track today, there was power loss and very erratic behavior as soon as I got near 5.5K RPM. My first time out, the car went into limp mode after 10 minutes. I brought it in, stopped and restarted, and gave it another shot. I made it through the 2nd session, but had to keep it under 5.5K, which is not easy or fun at the track. Also, the power delivery was not the smoothest. After my second session, I was thinking maybe the installer put the wrong flash on (I was out of town and gave them access to my BM3 account), so I re-flashed. Sure enough it fixed it. Everything smoothed out and the car pulled all the way up to redline. I was passing F80s and keeping decent pace and even passing some 911s. The car was a monster. I contacted the installer and he had a screenshot showing that he did in fact put on the same tune. So what happened?

I suspect if I had it dyno-ed again, the gains might be even better.

The other oddity was the cold start was removed, and I noticed some very rough cold starts (at least before I re-flashed). I'll see tomorrow.

Blue is stock, red is with everything installed.
Wow that's pretty impressive numbers. was that baseline done the same day as your modded pull?I've been trying to decide on a tune going back and forth between mhd and bm3 but your dyno results just gave me the push I needed.
Appreciate 0