View Single Post
      01-14-2022, 08:10 PM   #1
matter57
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Michelin Cup 2 for spring weather or wait for summer?

Here in the Pacific NW its cold and wet in the early spring - or at least it can be. Like low 40's in the morning warming up to low 50's. My question is if I got Cup2's can they be run effectively in those temps or just a summer tire? Anybody have experience driving the Cup 2's in colder/wetter weather?

My 228i w/track package is a streetable car that I bought largely for track fun. Mostly stock with Ground Control camber plates, new rotors & pads. Currently has 4S that I have driven twice at the track and liked them. Fitment seems to be an issue with this car. No rubbing now with square setup with OEM 18" x 8" wheels w/12mm spacer in front. Changing to an Apex ARC-8 wheel 18 X 8.5 et45 w/ 5 mm spacer in front.
Front camber -3.5
Rear camber -2.1

The 4S are 245/35/18. Tire choice is limited in that 35 series. Going to a 40 series tire opens up a lot of possibilities but they may rub since most are about 1" bigger diameter.

Anyway, I figure if I only have a couple choices and they are the 4S or the Cup 2's that's probably pretty good (but spendy$$)
Thanks for any comments.
Appreciate 0