View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
airborne777
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post

Didn't think to shop multiple dealers, makes sense, but I thought the price would be set by corporate as its made to order and not clearing stock from their inventory. So I will do that as well. I'm in the NYC/Westchester area, so if there's suggestions, I'm more than appreciative.
Look for the ED invoice price for the car because ED MSRP is what the dealer will offer you. Obviously, the closer you get to ED invoice makes it best.

Word of caution:
Over the last few years, the financial incentives of ED have faded relative to buying in the US. I have done ED in the past and it was very attractive both financially and experience wise.

My wife got a new 230I in March 2018 and while our first choice was ED, it didn't make financial sense. e.g Coupled with BMW incentives and negotiation, we got about 15% off the MSRP for local delivery. ED would have only given us 7% off the MSRP since the incentives were only available for local pickup.

It is far cheaper to fly to Munich and rent a BMW from Sixt car rental and do the Baviarian driving experience currently!
Appreciate 0