View Single Post
      04-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #58
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
With all these systems whether it's turbo back, cat-back, axel back.... How does the active valve work in terms of installation? are there electronic wiring required to install (don't really know how comfort and sport mode changes)
Hi den525. I ain't no expert, but I installed the eisenmann exhaust and here's what I know.
For RHD (i'm not sure about LHD), there is a wire on the left of the exhaust. This is to control the valve (in comfort, valve is closed for softer volume, in sport, valve is opened for louder volume). On the left side of the stock exhaust, there's a small black box. The wire connects to this box, and this box in turn controls the valve.

For aftermarket exhaust which retains this valve function in comfort/sport mode such as the akraprovic (for the 3 or 4 series), eisenmann sport exhaust, and milltek, I think they require to reinstall the small black box on the aftermarket exhaust, and then connect the wire to it for the valve control. For the eisenmann race exhaust, there's a space to reinstall the black box, so I just connect the wire to it.But for the race exhaust, the black box is not connected to any valves, so it will be louder all the time.

For other exhausts such as iPE, armytrix, meisterschaft GTC, I think the valve is controlled by several means, such as manually with a remote switch or auto depending on rpm.

BCS exhaust is slightly different. They have something called power valve which the valve is controlled by exhaust pressure.

Again, I'm not an expert, so correct me if i'm wrong. Hope this helps though.
Appreciate 1
koston37.00