View Single Post
      01-07-2015, 08:58 AM   #72
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonzac View Post
Yes - it is on the California Highway ship which is in the middle of the Atlantic this morning - here is the spot: http://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9574078

It is due in the port on the 12th. I see on your other post the New Jersey folks are getting one Friday. They tell me mine will sit at the port until emissions are clear on the new model. It then will go the performance center in SC where I will be given some potential pick up dates. As of now nothing is confirmed but I am told there is a backlog and it will be February - if it becomes too long I might have it redirected to the dealer.

Looks like there are lots on the way. Wonder why so many dealers were not helpful with orders.
That's great for you, can't wait to see pictures. I recall that a few months ago at least one of the BMW press releases said that dealer test drive cars would arrive about now, and that the factory would not start filling customers orders until January. But obviously at least a few dealers have already sold their initial cars to customers (you being one of the examples). Sounds as is each dealer can choose what they want to do, rather than there being a mandate by BMW. Perhaps BMW knows there are some customers who won't place an order until they can test drive one first, and that's why they suggested the initial cars be used for test drives.

We've decided to hold off and wait for the 235 xdrive convertible which BMW said in a press release will be available later this year...makes sense for us as we will be using the car in the winter. Had some thoughts about just ordering a rear wheel drive model with LSD (for better winter traction) instead, but it appears the upcharge for x drive will actually be less, and x drive probably suits our needs better as we do take ski trips to northern New England.

Please keep us posted on your car.
Appreciate 0