View Single Post
      01-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #3
p912guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Convertible

Garage List
In my mind the choice to purchase an extended warranty is all about how one handles the risk / reward equation. If someone is more risk adverse and feels more secure knowing a repair issue would be covered and not result in a large hit to the checking account then the extended warranty is probably a valuable investment. On the other hand if someone is less risk adverse and can sleep at night not worrying about a potentially catastrophic issue with their car, then the extended warranty is probably a waste of money. Of course there are many other factors to consider, such as would a surprise $2K repair bill be something which significantly impacts your financial situation or would it be something you could manage without worry. Also, has your car had issues previously leading you to think it may continue to have issues. Generally speaking I think consensus is the BMW 2 Series has proven itself to be pretty solid, reliable, trouble-free vehicle.

Personally, my M235i has been out of warranty for 6 months and has 55K trouble-free miles under it's belt. I have chosen to save the money I'd spend on an extended warranty and take my chances. I sleep just fine at night with that decision. Only you can decide whether the extended warranty is worth it for you.
17 GMC Canyon Denali Long Bed 4x4 (Tailgatin, Haulin & Towin)
various 'one design' sailboats / stinky hockey gear
Appreciate 2