View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #3
Mark184
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve220 View Post
(have posted this in F30 forums, but hopefully seeing if anyone knows here)

Is anyone else getting these issues?
Based on info I've found below, the position of the wifi antenna plays a big role in connection stability. Where is your wifi antenna... can it be placed closer to your phone? I notice with mine, if phone is not close enough to the wifi antenna, I get lots of dropout. I moved antenna right beside my drivers seat, and that solved the problem entirely.

ow it Works

Wireless CarPlay has three requirements, a Bluetooth connection, a Wi-Fi access point, and location data. Here’s is a simplified breakdown of the entire process:

To initialize the connection the phone uses Bluetooth to send a signal to the head unit requesting to connect.
Once the Bluetooth connection is made the phone will request wireless credentials to the Wi-Fi access point.
Upon confirmation the head unit will send the wireless credentials to the iPhone, which will cause the phone to search and join the Wi-Fi access point.
After the Wi-Fi connection has been established, the Bluetooth signal will disconnect and all audio and video will be transferred over Wi-Fi.
And now you’re set, you now can use CarPlay wirelessly.
Appreciate 0