View Single Post
      01-16-2023, 09:26 PM   #3
worry
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
You might have better luck getting answers to your questions in this section of the forum: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=664

Also, there are some B58 enthusiast groups on Facebook. There are lots of people on there that are more into higher HP applications, upgraded turbo, and things like that.

In my opinion you should be fine on stock internals and trans at the 550 to 600 HP levels but of course the stock turbo won't get you there so glad you are planning on replacement. The XHP stage 3 tune should work very well with what you are trying to do, and you can set torque limits by gear and the ranges are pretty vast. This will be especially important if you have a RWD version of the car.

From your mods list I don't see the plan for engine tuning, what is the thought for that? MHD has worked great for me. Also, I recommend going with a a stage 2 HPFP (Dortch is a common one) vs the TU; that will allow more rail pressure and will be less limiting from an ethanal usage perspective.
yeah i was planning on going the custom tune route but will probably run bm3/mhd when grab a downpipe and new hpfp. dorch stage 2 was my first option but figured that the upgrade would be too overkill for the application intend of going for.

ive looked into vargas gc/gc+ turbos but i'm unsure about how they hold up and if i remember correctly they weren't the greatest choice for the n54.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2065.00