View Single Post
      01-16-2023, 03:29 PM   #1
worry
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d xDrive

Limits and Recommended M240i Build

hey everyone, in the near future i'll be purchasing an LCI m240i and i just wanted to further understand some of the limits that the stock block and zf transmission can comfortably hold.

i plan on enjoying the car stock for a while but i definitely want to have the car to hold its own in a roll race for the summer

the intention is to build a very capable daily driver while giving myself enough headroom so that the car doesn't explode on me. from what i've garnered the "sweet spot" with this power train is at around 550-600 whp before needing to build the block and trans. that being said i'm less concerned about the block than the trans, will an xhp stage 3 tune be enough for these kind of power limits? i don't intend on taking to the car to the dragstrip or launching often if barely at all.

as for the components themselves id assume they looking something like this

xhp stage 3
catless downpipe
tu or better hpfp
pure 800 turbo / docrace turbo kit (0 clue as to which turbo would suffice)

i have access to e85, it's a bit far but i wouldn't have an issue driving to the station / buying a 55gal drum of e98 and mixing it myself.

i don't necessarily want to cheap out but i also don't want to go overboard with headroom to eek out more power out of the stock block/trans

appreciate any help given and i'm excited to join the platform soon
Appreciate 1