View Single Post
      07-02-2020, 07:38 AM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I always go to Costco. Their warranty pays itself off if you get a flat, which I've had 3 of in the past year. Once they messed up by losing the wheel lock tool and I had to get one from the BMW dealer. Their management took care of me for the hassle.
I stopped using Costco when they damaged my wheels twice. First time it was obvious. It was when I got off the run craps and the tech proceeded to gouge the crap out all 4 pristine 261M wheels. I had to go through the whole exercise of filling out a report and having their insurance company investigate. In the end they paid the $600+ to my dealer's wheel repair guy.

Ok, maybe this was just a fluke. Go back and had them mount another new set of tires on the same 261M wheels. They again damage one of the wheels although it was very slight and you'd have to look for it. I filed another claim but this time their insurance company wasn't going to pay for that damage. Said it was impossible for the damage to occur at that spot with how the tech would remove the tires. I then pointed out pictures of the original damage they did which was in the same general location. Nope. The insurance company wouldn't budge.

So after this mess, I now go to my BMW indie shop and pay the extra money for them to do it right. I still use Costco to mount tires on wheels I don't care about.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9705.50