Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
And all of it only works if you don't mind handing your route, and IMESHO our life, over to the Giant Brain at Tesla. Because driving to their plan means driving on interstates.

I've been spending the past few days romping with a loony bunch of clownshoe folks 'somewhere in the Appalachian range.' The event took place about 500 miles from my home. I've driven ~1,200 miles so far and still have another stretch to go before I'm home. I could have done a lot of the trip on interstates but the fact is that, more and more, I *hate* driving on interstates. They're filled with sleepy, underpaid, angry truck drivers in poorly maintained 70-ton car crushers, or caffeine addled parents in behemoth SUVs with zero driving skills and even less of a care. It seems to me that driving on interstates is a fine way to double or triple one's already substantial risk of being injured or killed in an automobile accident.

So I've chosen to do the opposite. I plan routes that avoid all those kinds of roads. It takes extra time, yes. But I enjoy the drive 1,000 times more than I would droning across I-81. I see neat stuff, eat neat food, and meet neat people. All while reducing my risk of becoming a highway statistic.

I'll be happy to switch back to the kill-zone I-roads, if and when there is an autonomous driving lane that I can park my transport device in while I watch youtube.
Dad?
Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00