05-01-2022, 11:27 PM   #39
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
I am not spending $50-80k on an expensive golf cart with body panels and limited usage that will complicate my lifestyle esp. during cold winter months.

Once they can provide 400 mi at -15c cold soaked and recharge within 10 mins anywhere we can chat.

gl with your carts
And when they do you will complain they need to get 600 mile range -30c and charge in 5min. I remember when most EVs could barely get 100 miles and people would say the magic number was 300 mile range.

Just say you don't like it and move on.

It's like whining that trucks are too big and hard to park, get horrible gas mileage and don't fit in your apartment complex garage in the middle of the city, fuck trucks I'm never getting a truck! And I'm standing there with my 32' trailer like....

I couldn't get through the whole video, but the start was clearly whatever weird rental car app he was using. I skimmed through the rest and it seemed he was mainly complaining about charging... in Ireland or wherever he was.

Never once did I NEED to use a public charger in the year and a half or so that I owned the model 3 and the hand full of times I did go either to check it out (when I first got it) or just because there happened to be a charger where I was stopping anyways and I wont pass up a top off. Never once was there a line and never once were there not multiple chargers open. So if we are using one persons anecdotal evidence... I would have to say he's full of shit and charging a tesla is cake.

That being said I would not own an EV if I could not charge it at home, it kills the convenience for me. That does not make it a bad car anymore than a 911 is a pile of steaming dog poo because it doesn't fit your family of 5 or an SUV is horse shit because it can't do the nurburgring in 6min flat.
Appreciate 2
M3WC3645.00
yousefnjr6159.00