View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2daA08 View Post
Hey everyone, my 2016 M235i's current setup engine wise is Dinan S3 tune, Dinan CAI, Dinan FMIC, and M-performance exhaust.

I'm looking to expand on this with charge pipe, and catted downpipe and maybe a different tune. What are y'all's recommendations as a path forward? Would I gain a lot by switching to Bootmod3 or JB4 at this point?

TIA
Likely not a whole lot. Stage 2 Dinantronics equipped M235s with a downpipe, intake, charge pipe, and 93 octane was putting down between 366whp and 383whp and 381wtq and 394wtq depending on gear and in pretty terrible ambient conditions (85 degree temps). That's without an intercooler too. An intercooler would free up a bit of power. The numbers are quite similar to those running BM3 and MHD flash tunes. If you like the driveability with Stage 3 and don't have any need to datalog, I wouldn't bother doing a flash tune. A JB4 is a waste of time as the Dinantronics piggyback is way more advanced and more importantly, safer and reliable.

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1122931

You should definitely get a charge pipe and downpipe though. The DP will add some power (~15-20whp/20-25wtq) and more importantly, reduce heat/load on the turbo.