View Single Post
      03-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #30
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
At the end of the day, they are just cars. The only things we should take offense to and care to protect are our families and the ones we love. If someone shits on my car buying decisions, why would I care?

The forums are here to learn and share. I'm an engineer. I can't help but to be overly-logical and inquisitive about the details that drives one to sell a particular car and move to another.

FWIW, both OP and I have owned P-cars in the past (he owning quite a few more than me!). I exchanged PMs with Steven and it's all good in the hood.

The car is beautiful and it's a Porsche. I have nothing negative to say about it and would trade my M240i for it in a heartbeat - just wouldn't pay to make the upgrade is all. I wanted to understand why he made the decision he did, again, for perspective, really.

Sorry, Steven, if my comments made your new purchase any less special! (Something tells me it did not. )

Cheers!
There’s no comparison with the 240i, even the M3/4 don’t compare to the dynamics and true feel of a 911 or and Porsche sports car. I owned both an m3 and M4 and own a 991.2S and 718 Cayman GTS and wouldn’t ever compare given the strong dichotomy of how they feel to drive and out around a road course. Even the M4 GTS to me didn’t feel as nimble and responsive as my 991.2S. There’s more to cars than 0-60 but the fact that the Carrera T with a manual runs 12.1@118 mph (pdk is faster) with only 370 hp is a testament to how fast it is. No other car with that level of HP would be anywhere close. On top of that it puts down 1.06gof lateral grip.
Appreciate 0