View Single Post
      03-30-2023, 04:20 AM   #1737
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
The mob taking $500/month is theft. Or are we now equating the mob to the government?

You know what I don't care anymore. You guys continue saying the same shit about EVs you've saying to each other for the last 80 pages.
I certainly wasn’t comparing them to government when I first responded to you with my analogy using the mob. I was merely trying to simplify it for you because you didn’t seem to grasp the idea that it’s not a subsidy when someone takes LESS from you. It’s only a subsidy when they take nothing and you have nothing and then they GIVE you something. That’s a subsidy.

I will attach. See below. This should help you greatly. After reading this if you’re still confused, I can’t help you anymore. Although I’m telling you it’s news outlets and half of our government that have purposely confused you on this to begin with. The good news is you can do your own research and find out that they have been lying to you. Good luck.

subsidy
[ suhb-si-dee ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: subsidy / subsidies on Thesaurus.com
📙 Middle School Level
noun, plural sub·si·dies.
a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like.
a sum paid, often in accordance with a treaty, by one government to another to secure some service in return.
a grant or contribution of money.
money formerly granted by the English Parliament to the crown for special needs.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13543.00