View Single Post
      06-27-2022, 12:52 PM   #11
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I know this sensation and power delay on the 2-3 shift. My M235 used to do this all the time when I was running the Dinan Sport cheap piggyback. I took it off and it went away. I then added the Dinantronics Stage 2 piggyback and never had the issue and I've been running this setup for 3 years now.

As JoanLluch provided a link to, the M2 group has been dealing with this issue in stock and modded N55 and S55 6MTs for years. Everything I'm reading and what I've personally experienced points to a stock tuning issue. From the datalogs I've seen, it looks like the DME sees excessive commanded torque immediately after a shift and it kills power with the intent being transmission preservation.

I think the only reason I don't see it with my Dinantronics Stage 2 piggyback is because Dinan went to great lengths to keep their piggyback tune quite linear rather than the hard hitting torque you see with many flash tunes and less than ideal piggyback tunes.

OP - Consider putting the stock intake back on and see if that fixes the issue. Also, does the issue happen in Sport+, Traction, or DSC modes? The thought being that maybe fun killing nannies in the Comfort and Sport modes are sensing or expecting some wheel spin on the shift, thus killing power. I know that the nannies can be very aggressive, especially if you don't have an LSD. I ran without an LSD to 2 years and the nannies were constantly intervening and killing power in Sport mode.